Saturday, December 16, 2006

Return to Alcoholism

Last night, I got drunk for the first time since November 22nd. I've either had too much work to do, or too much poker to play in between then and last night to have fun. I still have an immense amount of work to get done, but after doing so much work during the week that I witnessed the Sun rising every single day, I decided to give myself a day off to relax.

I went to a professor's house for an end of the year party. It was the first time that's ever happened for one of my classes. I think the college is clamping down on stuff like that. Anyway, it was somewhat weird. We got there at 5:30, when the party supposedly was beginning. But when we got there, there were no cars in the driveway, and the professor and her husband (also a professor, and also having an end of the year party for a class) were just standing outside. We didn't want to be the first ones there, so I drove down the road and parked by a park on the side of the road, and sat there.

The park was a wildflower garden. I found that to be odd terminology. A garden set aside for wildflowers sort of takes the wildness out of the equation.

Anyway, we got to the party and there were a few people from the other professor's class already there. We were offered drinks. They had three kinds of beer, red wine, and white wine. The beer they had was premium beer, too. There was some sort of Vermont beer, Yuengling Black & Tan, and Ithaca Pale Ale. I tried the Vermont beer and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I think if I were a professor and was having a party for my class, I'd get Keystone. Or maybe have a beer selection for different grades. The A students would get Sam Adams, B could get Labbatt, C could get Budweiser, D could get Busch, and F would get Keystone Ice.

Then we were treated to pizza. By the time I got to the pizza, the first wave of cheese and pepperoni had already been taken. I didn't want to be "that guy" and demand more cheese pizza be put out, so I tried some mushroom pizza for the first time ever. I've never eaten mushrooms, as either a food or an intoxicant. I gotta say, they were pretty fucking good.

We were also treated to Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark candies. These were extremely fucking good. It's white choclate, dark choclate, peppermint oil, and little bits of peppermint candy combined into a thin little bark of deliciousness. Here's what they look like:



One of these little tins costs $24. It's fucking worth it, though. The expensivity almost makes them more tasty, especially considering they were free.

We also were able to make our own smores thanks to little smore making kits scattered throughout the house. Graham crackers, Hershey's chocolate, marshmellows, little spikes for the marshmellows, and small little burners for roasting the marshmellows. I didn't have a smore because I don't like the taste of melted marshmellow for some reason. It's weird, because I like raw marshmellow a lot, and used to love Fluff.

Before leaving, we were treated to a small little bit of Madiera win. I actually did my group presentation on the history of said wine and its relationship to economic development in the 18th century Atlantic world. It was really, really good. Very sweet and very interestingly coloured. It wasn't quite red, it wasn't quite white, it was simply Madeira. I think it was fortified, too. Madeira was the first wine known to be fortified.

After that, I went to an apartment party on Giles. No big deal, but it was nice to do something on a Friday night that didn't involve cards or writing. Lost in beer pong twice. I was pretty rusty. Plus we were up against good opponents.

My tolerance was pretty low, after about 10 beers, I was gone. Normally, I need 10 for a buzz, and 20+ to get that wasted. It was a good time, though. I didn't puke either, which is a plus.

I woke up this morning at 7:30 AM. This is a little tendency of mine. Whenever I get wasted, I tend to wake up extremely early. Unfortunately, this leaves me still with a good amount of alcohol in my system, and the immense feeling of shittiness. This morning, I felt so shitty in my stomache and my head, that I couldn't get back to sleep. We're out of aspirin, so in order to combat my headache, I drank some Gatorade. I pounded a whole bottle. Big mistake.

After about 30 minutes of sitting on bed with my eyes closed, waiting for my headache to go away, my stomache started getting restless. I felt like I was going to puke. I went to the bathroom and sat in front of the toliet. I considered pulling the trigger to alleviate my symptoms, when all of a sudden, a rush of blue liquied erupted from my mouth into the toliet. It was the bottle of Gatorade I just drank. Remarkably, no actual puke came out, just Gatorade. I felt much better and went back to bed.

The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home