Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Slap in the Face

Monday night, I decided to stay up all night in order to finish my research paper for Colonial American history. I just wanted to get the paper finished and over with so I could move on to work in other classes. Tuesday morning at 7:23 AM, I finished it. I still have to touch up a few things and rewrite the last few paragraphs, but it is essentially completed.

I was happy to be done with one of my classes. That meant only three more to complete. I was also glad that in class, we would be watching Last of the Mohecans. When I saw this on the syllabus way back in August, I figured it would be a week off from classwork so we could focus on finishing our papers. I was wrong.

Along with watching the movie, we must write a 5 page paper comparing it to a book we're supposed to be reading, focusing on historical accuracy and inaccuracy of the movie. Yeah. That fucking sucks. It's such a pointless piece of work, too. Pretty much everyone in the class is still doing their research paper and final work for other classes.

I hate the amount of pointless work here at IC. I didn't mind the research paper. I learned a lot about something I knew little to nothing about. That's good. This paper on the movie and the book, I doubt I'll be learning much from it. That's not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home