Monday, December 04, 2006

Next Semester's Schedule

Next semester's class schedule is really, really nice. Let's start off on Monday. I have no classes on Monday. Tuesday will be a bitch and a half, though. I start at 1:10 with Selected Topics in Screenwriting: The Short Narrative. Right after that, in the same room, I have Advanced Screenwriting. Right after that, in the Park auditorium, I have Nonfiction Film Theory. I have a 6 hour block of classes on Tuesdays and again on Thursdays. It kind of sucks, but it isn't too bad.

Wednesdays are easy, just a Screenwriting Workshop from 1 to 4 and that's it. This will be the first semester I've had no late night class on Wednesday since fall of '05. Thursday is the exact same thing as Tuesday. On Friday I have no classes.

I'm pretty pleased with that schedule. I have 112 hours in between my last class on Thursday and my first on Tuesday. but next semester will be far from a cakewalk. In case you didn't notice, the word "Screenwriting" is part of three of my classes.

For the Short Narrative class, I'll be writing a short script for a short film to be made by one of the ACP people. That means about 20 to 40 pages of script to write for that. For Advanced Screenwriting, as well as the Screenwriting Workshop, the primary requirement is to write a full length feature film script. Those are 90 to 120 pages each. This means I will be writing 200 to 280 pages of script next semester. That's quite a bit. But I'd like to graduate.

Let's say I write 240 pages next semester. There are 16 weeks with which to write. That's 15 pages of script to write a week.

I will have a monster weekend next semester, and I intend to catch up on the drinking I've missed out on for the past year. However, I will probably be forced to spend a great deal of time in my weekend writing script. I can also use that time to play a good deal of poker, too. Should be a good semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home