Friday, December 29, 2006

King Pedro in the Shop

My car, Pedro II a.k.a. King Pedro, is in the shop for much needed repairs. It's overdue for a transmission check, the brakes are worn to near nothing (dangerous in winter time), the oil needs changing, and the inspection is 19 months overdue.

I don't like being without my car. If I really need to get somewhere, I can drive my mother's mini-van. But even then, my car and I have a special relationship. He is my ability to move anywhere at anytime for any reason.

Anyway, I dropped him off at 7:30 Friday morning. I have difficulty getting up at such a ludicrously early time so I decided to stay up until that time. Unbeknown st to me, the Chevy dealership changed hands. It was purchased by Clay. Clay is one of the major power brokers on the Norwood Auto Mall. His name is on more dealerships than anyone else except Boch. Anyways, the service department seemed a bit nicer.

The nicest part of the new service department was the cute blonde behind the counter. I walked up, acting like I was bad ass, and said "I'm here to drop off my Impala, it's under Zeitz." She typed a few things in the computer and said "That's Susan Zeitz, right?" Game over. Difficult to suavely say "Yeah, that's my mommy's Impala, she bought it for me a few years ago, but she's going to sell it to me for a dollar when I graduate."

Once the car is fixed, which should be next week sometime, I return to Ithaca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home