Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rogans Corner Reborn

The day Rogans died, South Hill cried.

Now, it's back!

After failing to get Cortaca tickets, I was bummed, but I learned that Rogan's had reopened so I decided to check it out. I had heard rumors that it had turned into some sort of cookie place. This saddened me. Rogan's was my prime location to acquire cigarettes, beer, and pizza. Kratz then told me he looked inside and found the cigarette rack empty. I was on the verge of tears.

We went in, and the place seemed from another planet. Very white with a lot of empty shelves. The corner where beer is normally stored was an even more appalling sight. Totally empty! No Labatt, Coors, Natty, Keystone, or Buds.

They still had pizza though, already prepared. They also had the miscellaneous aisle of stuff ranging from toilet paper to beer pong cups to soap to tampons for you ladies out there. I ordered a slice of cheese. Thankfully, it tasted exactly the same as Rogan's old pizza tasted like. YAY!

I then asked the clerk if they would eventually have beer and cigarettes. He answered "yes." Thank fucking God!!!

What remains to be seen is if they'll have Steel Reserve in convenient 12 packs and handy 40 ounce cans.

Also, I got their new menus, and no calzones. Unfortunate casualty of Rogan's death and resurrection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home