Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloweenie

I don't dress up for Halloween. I don't decorate my apartment with black and orange or jackolanterns or skeletons or anything like that. I don't "celebrate" Halloween at all. I haven't for 3 years now.

This isn't to say that I hate Halloween. I have no opinion on it whatsoever. I just don't feel like I feel on other holidays. Christmas, New Years, St. Patrick's Day, those are holidays I can feel. Halloween just feels like another cold autumn day to me.

Maybe I'm just a bitter burnout, but I feel as though I've out grown Halloween.

Maybe my first Halloween at IC is the reason I don't like it so much. Everybody took the bus over to Cornell, hearing there were massive parties. Every party was either beat or wouldn't let us in. Eventually, the large group dispersed and we walked back to IC, far too sober for anyone's liking.

Sophomore year, my Halloween wasn't all that special, either. I didn't dress up or anything. Maybe that's because I was in Boston celebrating the Red Sox winning the World Series.

Last Halloween was perhaps one of the greatest days of my life, but it wasn't because of Halloween. Halloween had nothing to do with the fact that October 31st, 2005 was such a phenominal day.

I'm just not into it. I don't have anything against people who are. I just don't feel any different on October 31st than I do on October 30th. Although, a holiday that inspires girls to dress up in the skimpiest clothing imaginable even when its 35 degrees out can't be too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home