Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Wednesdays Blow

Every week, I'm scheduled to have 875 minutes, or 14 hours, 35 minutes of class time. 400 of those minutes, almost half, are on Wednesdays. I thought I could do it, but it is really starting to grade on me.

I start off with Persuasive Argument, dealing with that annoying girl who just doesn't get it. Today we were talking about stem cell research and how different sides of the argument use different types of arguments to be convincing. Out of the blue and for no reason she talks about how scientists are close to finding a new method to get stem cells. She's just wasting everybody's time. Even the teacher doesn't like her.

Then I get 75 minutes of Fiction Film Theory, which I need a dictionary and a thesaurus to understand. I'm a smart guy, but some of the words used in this class confuse the fuck out of me. Then the professor asks these long, drawn out questions that start off sounding like paragraphs. So I'm there, thinking I'm listening to her lecture, and all of a sudden she turns it into a question. Honestly, I don't know what the fuck the question is. Thankfully, she only calls on you if your hand is raised.

I have a 45 minute lull in between classes. It's useless. I can't really get much done in 45 minutes, especially if 10 to 15 of those are spent smoking, and 10 more walking. I usually go to the computer lab and check my e-mail.

75 minutes of Macroeconomics isn't bad, but the last 20 minutes are brutal. After listening to the professor talk about aggregate supply curves and Real GDP vs. Potential GDP, you just want to nap. Which is what I do.

From 5:15 PM to 7 PM, I'm off, and I usually sleep.

At 7, I have a 3:20 screening. The same class as my 2:00, by the way. The professor has used this time more and more for her lecturing. I get 75 minutes of her in the afternoon, then another 60 to 90 at night. It's painful. I've begun leaving early from the screenings because my mind is burnt after so much lecturing.

It isn't all bad though. After 10:20 PM, I feel as though my week is essentially over. Only 3 classes and 200 minutes of class-time left before the weekend. But, I miss Lost a lot, and I can't go out drinking due to homework so my Wednesday really does blow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home