Thursday, November 16, 2006

Stuck in the Mud

The apartment building in which I live has a parking problem. There are eight tenants, each with their own vehicle. The lot has space for eight cars, if they are all parked properly. However, once one or two cars leave too much room in between cars, the lot only holds 7. Also, if someone is visiting someone here, there aren't enough spaces.

Earlier in the year, this was an annoyance, but not a problem. My nocturnal schedule often resulted in me being the 8th car in the lot, often odd man out of a parking spot. Not a huge deal, I'd just park in the grass next to the lot.

Then it started raining. The grass also got chopped up from me and others parking there. Last night, I came home from Babel at about midnight, not too late at all. But there were no spots available. I could have parked perpendicular to the cars at the edge of the lot, but I didn't want to block anyone in. I've had trouble backing my car out when someone else does this.

Despite the mud, I parked my car on the lawn. I awoke the next day before class and tried reversing. Nothing doing. As you know, once your car is stuck in the mud, the more you try to get it out, the worse it gets. My roommate tried pushing it while I hit the gas, no effect. I eventually had to call a tow truck.

It came and pulled my car out. The holes my car left in the mud are about 10 inches deep. I'm not parking in the mud anymore. I'll block people in from now on. It's their fault for parking like morons.

Typical though, do something nice for people and get fucked over for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home