Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bees Like Marinara Sauce

So I went to Burger King for lunch and got an Italian chicken sandwich. It's one of my favorite foods. It's a bit pricey, $3.60, for chicken topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce (thus making it Italian), but it's good. And eating chicken from a fast food place gives me the illusion that I'm not eating something grotesquely unhealthy. In fact, I was tempted to get the meal, but I decided against greasy french fries and a soda loaded with sugar. I haven't drank soda in nearly a week, which is impressive because I'm thoroughly addicted to Mountain Dew and cola drinks.

Anyway, I had the window d0wn because it was so nice out, and was driving on Green Street enjoying my sandwich. A fire truck was backing into the fire department station so traffic was stopped. I looked down at my sandwich before taking a bite and a large bee was sitting on the wrapper, about to pounce on my expensive piece of chicken. I made a throwing motion with my hand, trying to flick the bee off of the sandwich and out my driver's side window. This worked, but my sandwich collided with the piece of framework between the driver's window and the windshield. Marinara sauce everywhere.

I cleaned the sauce up with a napkin, finished my sandwich and drove to school. I was about to exit my car, when I spotted another bee, 0r perhaps the same bee, sitting on the remains of marinara on my car.

Apparently, bees like marinara sauce, and are willing to die for it, as this one did.

This post was pointless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home