Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Big W

Macroeconomics. Easy course. 75 minute lecture twice a week. Occasional test. Occasional extra credit. Easy A. Why then, am I going to Withdraw from it tomorrow?

I've missed so much of this class, and the class is based so much on notes taken in class, that in order to get the A, I would have to bust my ass. This is doable, but this is a class I was taking just to fill out my schedule. I thought it'd be somewhat interesting and an easy A. I was right, but I didn't know that I'd be getting so sick this semester. First with the flu, then my back, then my tooth. This class just seems expendable. I don't need the liberal arts credits, or the non-communications credits. It's at an awkward time in my day. Yeah, I bought the books, one of the few classes I actually bought books for, but what's done is done. It's a shame to invest time and money into something and not really get anything out of it. However, I feel as though now I'd have to invest additional time into this class, which will be difficult to do considering the workloads are increasing in my other classes.

I feel bad because I liked the course, but I just don't think it is the best investment of my time. It's not required. I took the course because I wanted to learn about Macroeconomics. I still do, but now I'm so far behind that in order to accomplish this, it would draw energy and focus away from my requirements (Fiction Film Theory, Writing for Series TV) which are both becoming more and more involved and more difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home