Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Psychosomatic Addict Insane

Get the Prodigy reference?

Sooooooooooooooo, I went to Massachusetts over fall break. I had intended on staying in Verona and making some $$$, but it seemed as though my kidneys were hurting. They were really bugging me and I was worried so I went home to see my doctor in a real hospital. No offense, Central NY, but I don't trust your hospitals.

Getting to my doctor's hospital - The Faulkner - in Boston worried me. I had a 9:45 AM appointment. Driving on the VFW Parkway into Boston at anytime is difficult and traffic-filled, but during rush hour and it is scary and slow. Furthermore, there was massive road work being done on the VFW. I left an hour before my appointment to drive the 10 miles to the Faulkner.

The VFW was a piece of cake. All the road work scared everyone else away to detours. I've never seen it so empty at 9 AM. It was actually a pleasure to drive on.

So, I get to the doctor's, tell him I have kidney pains. "No you don't" says my doctor. Slightly stunned, I explained that it felt like I did. "It's very unusual for men, especially young men, to develop urinary tract infections. And if it's going as far up as your kidneys, it would have to be a massive infection." So he sent me to get bloodwork done and told me to call on Monday. I wait around the whole weekend, avoided drinking, then on Monday, after missing classes, I find out there was absolutely nothing wrong with me at all.

So what the fuck? These pains I was feeling were really fucking bad. Then I get disruptions in my pissing routine. Why? Because I'm fucking insane. The pains I was feeling were probably just lower back pains brought on from being out of shape, and having bad posture. I've had them before. I thought they were in my kidneys because I've felt kidney pain before when I had the kidney stone. Then the whole peeing misfunction was probably a psychosomatic response to the notion that I thought my kidneys were hurting. I was also drinking more fluids so that probably made me have to go more often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosomatic_illness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home