Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tops

A few things I thought about at Tops while sending my money order to PokerStars.

The lobsters looked and smelled horrible. Honestly, I don't know how upstate New Yorkers can eat the shitty seafood out here. It sounds like I'm an elitist or a yuppie or something, but the seafood here is fucking shite. Seafood isn't my favorite food anyway, but if it isn't fresh, it's crap. Fresh seafood, on the other hand, is very good. By fresh, I mean one or two days out of the ocean fresh.

Tops and Wegman's are essentially the same place. Both 24 hours, both with good selection of food, both with similar prices. I really don't have a preference. Although, Wegmans brand soda is better than Tops, but Wegmans tortures chickens.

Checkout lines are fucking ridiculous. I stood in line for 25 minutes waiting to buy a 6 pack of Mountain Dews. I could have used the automated checkout, but that thing always gives me problems. I'm probably just retarded.

I think grocery stores should allow you to purchase items online, then pick them up at the store. Think about it, you pick out your shit online, pay with a credit card, then tell them when you want to pick the groceries up. Going shopping would be a much smaller inconvenience, and there'd be no time wasted walking around the store, looking for your stuff, and then waiting in the checkout line. At the store, someone could go around and get your order together. This would obviously result in a surcharge for the service, but the reduced man-hours in checkout lines and shopping cart wrangling could make up for it. Plus, let's say Tops offered it, but Wegman's didn't, then Tops would receive a great deal more business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home