Friday, October 20, 2006

Islington Pizza Incident

So I stop in for lunch with Cav at Islington Pizza. I pull into my space out back, then I notice some dude lying face down in the leaves. We get out of the car, and I ask him if he's okay. He says he's fine, he's just "lying down." Then he asks me for some ice water. I tell him I'm going to get some.

I go into Islington Pizza, order a few slices, then tell the guy behind the counter that there's some dude lying down in the leaves. The guy behind the counter takes a peak outside, then asks me what he should do about it. I have no idea. He asks me if he should go across the street and tell the Fire Department. I shrug and say "Yeah, I think you should tell someone about it, lying face down in wet leaves isn't normal."

So the guy walks across the street to the Islington FD. A few minutes later, the Westwood Police shows up in a cruiser. They start talking to the guy who is now sitting down in wet leaves. Then, out of nowehre, this guy in a sport coat walks up to the police officer and the leaves guy. From our vantage point in Islington Pizza, we couldn't see what was really going on, just that the three of them were talking.

Me: Who the hell is the third guy there?
Cav: I don't know...must be The Town Cool Guy or somethin

That's what this guy was, he was just a cool guy, showing up to make sure things were chill and there weren't any hassles, hang-ups, or baggage. The cop put the leaves guy into the back of the cruiser, and they drove away. The Cool Guy? He just walked off behind the pizza place and disapeared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home